Study to Show Yourself Approved are courses offered by Calvary Chapel Oceanside to help equip you for ministry. We invite you to participate in any or all courses which will be offered throughout the year. See more on this course and a schedule of courses scheduled below.
About Inductive Bible Study Course:
Inductive Bible study is a method of Bible Study which simply "pulls the facts" from a Biblical text in order to understand simply and apply practically. In this class you will learn the structure of the Bible, the different types of writtings and how to approach them appropriately with Observation, Interpretation and Application. Using the Inductive method will help you answer questions : 'What does the Bible say? What does it mean?' And 'How does it apply to every day living?' The goal of this course is to help you gain tools for your devotional life, leading small groups or preparing teachings & sermons.
Course Week Structure as Follows : Week 1 IBS of Narratives and Application for Personal Devotion. Week 2 IBS of Epistles and Bible Structure for Old Testament and New Testament. Week 3 IBS of Poetic / Prophetic and Sermon vs. Small Group Skills and Structure.
Time (UPDATED!) : Sundays, September 16 - September 30 at 6pm - 8 pm [Course is 3 Weeks]
Location : Upstairs Room D in Student Ministries Wing at Calvary Chapel Oceanside
Cost : These courses are free!
Annual Class Schedule and Teachers
- Sundays, April 22 - May 13 - Knowing the Will of God, taught by Gary Kunkle
- Sundays, May 27 - June 17 - Course on Prayer, taught by Pastor T.K. Williams and Richard Howard
- Sundays, July 15-August 5 - Course on Heaven, taught by Mark Buckley
- Sundays, September 16 - 30 - Inductive Bible Study, taught by Pastor Abel Mendez
- Sundays, October 14 - November 4 - The Story of the Old Testament by Matt Burnet
More Information : Call the Church office at (760) 754-1234